Please register early to get important information ASAP! When you register, you will start receiving important information and tips by email.
The HSPT score is a vital part of the application. Students aren't expected to get a perfect score, but they must do their best on it, especially for competitive schools and programs or for scholarships.
Make sure your child doesn't take the test cold. (Please! Even if you don't take our course, at least take a practice HSPT.) The HSPT has 298 questions that the test-taker must answer in 141 minutes. That's 2.1 questions per minute, or 29 seconds per question. And some of the questions are... Well, just a little weird. As in they're not really taught in school, and you don't want your child feeling flummoxed on test day.
We will walk your child through the test, and help them when they feel stuck. Your child can ask questions freely in class, and get in touch when you want. (This goes for the parent, too.)
Since 1998, we've helped students do better in school, and we know the challenges today's students face. (It's not as easy as it once was!) We're your partner in this, and we'll treat your kids like our own.
- SI and SHC have scheduled the HSPT for Dec 4, 2021. If you're applying to other high schools, please check their dates. Note: You will need to register for the HSPT through the school you're applying to; we cannot do that for you.
- This is a group course conducted via video. If you'd prefer to work one-to-one with a tutor, you may wish to consider one-to-one tutoring (also currently available only via video).
- Week 1: Say hi! + Introduction to the verbal and math sections.
- Week 2: Review the first practice test you took at home.
- Week 3: Curve balls and tricky questions that appear on all sections of the test from the Verbal to the Mathematics sections.
- Week 4: Advanced vocabulary, reading, and math/quant concepts. How to figure out those tricky punctuation and grammar questions.
- Week 5: Review the second practice test you took at home.
- Week 6: Part II of the curve balls and tricky questions. Final wrap-up, review, pep talk, and advice for HSPT test day.
Bonus! For the September-start groups, students may attend up to five sessions in the October-start term. (Please make an appointment in advance for this.)
Practice tests: Students are scheduled to take two practice tests at home. Practicing the test is extremely important, and we will be reviewing the test in class. We will provide specific information on how to take the practice tests by email after the student registers. (You may need to buy a book for those tests; see below.)
We are offering two terms of this course.
- Location: Live, online (using video)
- Days and times: Tuesdays and Fridays. 430pm to 630pm.
Start and end:
- First term: Sep 10, 2021 – Oct 19, 2021.
- Second term: Oct 22, 2021 – Dec 3, 2021 (No class on Fri, Nov 26, 2021 for Thanksgiving break.)
- Number of sessions: 12
- Number of students: 4–20
- Materials: All provided online.