After school homework help in a live group class with a live instructor on-site at TestMagic Geary.
The TestMagic Homework Boost (HWB) program is an after-school program designed to help students raise their GPAs or maintain their already-high GPAs. Students attend after school for a period for a period of two or three hours.
How it works
The concept is straightforward: Students drop by TM after school and work on their homework with us. Our tutors (typically 1-3 tutors) help students with their homework, explain questions and concepts, and also talk to them about school and their lives.
The Homework Boost program is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4pm-7pm. Students may pick their own times within those times.
HWB does not meet for major US holidays or SFUSD holidays/furlough days.
Spring 2019 meeting dates:
- Spring Start Date: January 7, 2019
- Spring End Date: May 23, 2019
- Monday, January 21, 2019 Martin Luther King Jr Day
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 Lunar New Year
- Monday, February 18, 2019 Presidents Day
- Monday to Friday, March 25 to 29, 2019 SFUSD Spring Break
- Students do best with continuous study, so we encourage students to attend for the entire semester, not jut the busy periods. We therefore offer the lowest rate for attendance during the entire semester (though other options are available). Note: Missed sessions during a semester must be made up during the same week; no sessions carry over to the next semester.
- We maintain a very friendly, open study environment, and HWB students typically do get to know one another. We will also keep you focused to maintain an environment most conducive to learning.
- We will get to know you. We will learn your strengths and weaknesses. We will push you to do better.
- Students are responsible for giving their best effort to improve, learn, and raise their GPAs. We will also push you to stay focused, get more organized, and improve your study habits.
- Please keep your screen usage related to school. Texting a friend to get a copy of the homework? That's fine. Playing a round of Fortnite? That's not okay.
- We will check your grades weekly; we may also contact your teachers (with your parents' written permission).
- Students must attend all classes within the scheduled times. Missed classes may be made up during the same week only and are not eligible for refund.
- HWB Pass: Get 10 sessions to use more flexibly. Attend 10 HWB sessions on the days you want and the times you want during a period of six weeks. Fine print: All ten sessions must be used within six weeks of the first weekday after purchase. (Remember, students do best with continued attendance.) Any attendance is counted as a session. Example: Whether you come in for 20" or 3 hours, it's one session; time cannot carry over to another session. An extension of two weeks is available for a $95 fee. Sessions must be used by the end of the school year. Unused sessions are not transferrable or refundable.