Online Reading Course with a Live Instructor
- Once a week, 2 hours per session. (See schedules below.)
- Tuition is by month. Start when you like. Study for as many months as you want, no contracts or long-term commitments.
TestMagic's reading courses are designed to focus on these key areas:
- Reading comprehension
- Critical thinking
Of interest to parents:
- First, we are on your side. We have your best interests at heart. We've been doing this for decades now and have been building this specific program since the early 2000s. We're not just educators, we're parents, too. Feel free to contact us anytime to talk to get a sense of us as people.
- Yes, this course is taught by expert instructors over video in real time. No, in this class, the students aren't watching pre-recorded videos.
- We use level-appropriate materials vetted by staff and other sources. Some examples: The Giver (for middle-school level) and the ever-important classic Nineteen Eighty-Four (for high-school level).
- Homework: Yes, we actually assign and check to make sure the students are doing the homework. Yes, we have pretty good rapport with our students and will remind them if they're falling behind.
- In the reading class, we focus on: First, making sure the students do the actual reading. Second, we discuss concepts, deeper ideas, implications, and the like. Finally, vocabulary is vital, so we provide a comprehensive vocabulary plan to make sure the students build their vocabulary.
- We offer related writing programs for writing skills and grammar in which students write an essay after every single class session.
- We work really hard to offer value and quality. We are parents too, and are fully committed to helping (been doing this since 1998). We have reviews on our site, but check out our unfiltered reviews as well.
- Trial class: We ask that you register and pay for the class. If it's not going to work out for you, we will issue a refund for that class and all remaining classes no worries and no questions asked. (This is for new students only, please.)
- Monthly tuition: Tuition is charged monthly automatically to your credit card. During that time, you have access to the online learning system and the right to attend live sessions. Most months have four live sessions, but some may have three and others may have five. Tuition is based on the average number of live sessions, and we do not charge less or more for that month. We do not discount for a partial month.