HSPT Prep Course (Live)
Please register early to get important information ASAP! When you register, you will start receiving important information and tips by email.
The HSPT score is a vital part of the application. Students aren't expected to get a perfect score, but they must do their best on it, especially for competitive schools and programs or for scholarships.
Live HSPT Prep in a Small Group with an expert instructor
Don't take the HSPT cold. (Please! Even if you don't take our course, at least take a practice HSPT.)
The HSPT has 298 questions that the test-taker must answer in 141 minutes. That's 2.1 questions per minute, or 29 seconds per question. And some of the questions are... Well, just a little unusual, as in they're not really taught in school, and you don't want your child feeling flummoxed on test day.
We will walk your child through the test, and help them when they feel stuck. Your child can ask questions freely in class, and get in touch when you want. (This goes for the parent, too.)
Since 1998, we've helped students do better in school, and we know the challenges today's students face. (It's not as easy as it once was!) We're your partner in this, and we'll treat your kids like our own.
- HSPT test dates for the San Francisco Bay Area. If you're applying to other high schools, please check their dates. Note: You will need to register for the HSPT through the school you're applying to; we cannot do that for you.
- This is a group course conducted via video. If you'd prefer to work one-to-one with a tutor, you may wish to consider one-to-one tutoring (also currently available only via video).
- Online: No driving or looking for parking! No distractions from classmates! Please be sure to have a computer, Internet connection, microphone, and speaker/headset. To learn even more, please leave your camera on the whole time.
- Small group: Max 8 students.
- 10 hours of live class total + homework: We will have a total of 10 class hours with required homework assigned. Most of the homework will be completed online on our learning platform.
- 5 live sessions (2 hrs per session): We will cover all sections of the HSPT: Verbal, Quantitative, Reading, Mathematics, and Language Skills. We will also review one practice test.
- Homework required: We have a lot to cover, so homework is required. In most cases, we will be reviewing the homework in class.
- Super-experienced instructors: We are full-time teachers; this is what we do all day, every day; this is NOT our side-hustle. We've been prepping students for the HSPT since 1998. We also created the materials you'll be using. Read more about TestMagic teachers.
- Practice tests: Students are scheduled to take one practice test at home. Practicing the test is extremely important, and we will be reviewing the test in class. We will provide specific information on how to take the practice tests by email after the student registers.
Getting in touch: We also have a number of ways for you to get in touch, from email to text message to Discord.
- Location: Live, online (using video)
- Days and times: Saturdays, 2:00pm (PST) to 4:00pm (PST)
- Start and end: Oct 29, 2022 to Nov 26, 2022. (Yes, we have class on Sat, Nov 26, 2022.)
- Number of sessions: 5
- Number of students: Maximum 8
- Materials: All provided online.