1-to-1 Private Tutoring
1-to-1 tutoring with a TestMagic professional instructor (in person at TestMagic or by video/phone). Rates listed are for one hour of tutoring. (Minimum of ten hours, please.) Discounts available for prepayment of hours in bulk (see the drop-down menus).
Video is tutoring available (with screen-sharing and whiteboard functions). You will need a computer with an Internet connection, and some sort of audio or video to use all the features.
We have different rates for different staff (senior instructors, advanced degrees, and the like).
- Level 1: Newer staff; just as friendly and smart as all the others, just less time at TM. Most affordable option.
- Level 2: Experienced, highly-educated. Know the tests inside and out.
- Level 3: This is Erin, the founder of TM. Has worked personally with some of our highest achievers since the very beginning in 1998, both on the verbal sections of tests on and the college applications.
Not sure whom to choose? Check out the quick bios of instructors (staff videos), which may help. Still not sure? Start with Level 1, then.Note: All TestMagic Instructors have a college degree or higher.
- Erin B: BA in English from George Mason University; MA in Education from SFSU (in progress). Founder of TestMagic. [Level 3] (Limited availability)
- James M: PhD (ABD) in Economics from the University of Southern California. Very energetic, experienced, and compassionate. [Level 2]
- Linda P: BA in Molecular Cell Biology from UC Berkeley. Whip-smart, focused, and witty. [Level 2]
- Eva M: BA in Psychology from SFSU. Well-rounded and strict; loves statistics. [Level 1]
- Eamon Q: PhD in Neuroscience from University of Colorado. BSc in Neuroscience from Brown University. Cheerful, friendly, knowledgeable in many areas. [Level 2]
- All lessons must be scheduled at least one business day in advance.
- All cancellation requests must be received at least one business day in advance.
- Refunds of unused time: When you are finished, please make a request of unused time directly to us. We will refund you in the same way you paid (e.g., credit card or check, but no cash refunds) to the original purchaser. If you received a discount based on quantity but did not use that quantity, we will charge the rate for the time you used. (E.g., If you paid for 20 hours but used only 6, you would be charge the rate for 6 hours.) In other words, you may lose the quantity discount.
- Read all our guidelines for a successful and productive session here.