Can you tell me about TestMagic students?
- All of our students have one thing in common--they want to raise their
test scores. Some students start studying with us quite early (a few
years before they need to take their tests), but a few begin studying
at TestMagic with only a month or two to prepare for their tests.
- Most TestMagic students are high school students or middle school
students and attend such schools as Lowell High School, Lincoln High
School, University High School, Urban High School, Lick-Wilmerding,
Chinese-American International School, Sacred Heart, Saint Ignatius,
and many others. Many students travel from Marin County, the South Bay,
or the East Bay to attend TestMagic.
What is TestMagic like?
- TestMagic is a place for you to come to raise your score. Many students
study for many hours after class at TestMagic. We like all of our students
to stay as long as they want to study, to ask questions, to use the
computers, etc. We have created the ideal study environment for hardworking
- TestMagic is a small school and we focus on each student as a unique
person. We are truly devoted to helping our students reach their academic
goals in the United States. Because TestMagic is a small school, we
can offer you better advice than other people can because we know all
of our students very well.
- You will feel very comfortable at TestMagic--most students say that
the teachers are very kind and helpful and are sincerely interested
in helping their students.
Why should I study at TestMagic?
- In a word, you should study at TestMagic to raise your score.
All of our test prep classes have one goal--to raise your score. We
will not teach you something that is not related to your test. For example,
if you are studying for the TOEFL, you will not learn pronunciation
or read the newspaper. You will only learn how to raise your TOEFL score.
TestMagic knows the tests extremely well. We spend all of our time working
with students and researching the tests. We honestly believe we have
one of the best test preparation schools in the world.
- We are test experts--we spend thousands of hours developing materials
and teaching methods for our classes and students.
- We have the latest computer software and materials for the test that
you are preparing for.
What can TestMagic do for me that other schools
- TestMagic teachers are coaches, not just teachers. In other words,
we work with you one-on-one to make sure that you do the best that you
- We will work with you and show you the best way to raise your score.
Most of our students spend six to ten hours per day studying. We will
give you a personalized study plan and tell you what you need to do
to raise your score.
- We will help to keep you motivated. One of our jobs is to help you
want to study. We will do anything we can to help you keep up
a good attitude!
- We plan each class according to the needs of our students. We do
not follow a pre-determined plan like many other "cookie
cutter" courses. For example, if we see that some students are
having a really difficult time understanding GMAT sentence correction,
we will prepare a special lesson for those students so that they will
learn the area they need to focus on.
Can you tell me about TestMagic teachers?
- All of our teachers can get perfect scores on the tests they teach.
We only hire the best teachers. These teachers are smart, kind, gentle,
patient, and successful. In a word, we will do anything (within
reason) to help you raise your score.
What kinds of classes does TestMagic offer?
TestMagic specializes in several different tests, including the SAT
and SSAT. Please see our course
offerings for more information, including schedules, tuition information,
instructor qualifications, and more.
Which part of San Francisco is TestMagic in?(see
- Our neighbors are very international! There are Chinese, Vietnamese,
Japanese, and Italian restaurants and markets near TestMagic. There
is also a public library across the street from TestMagic.
Do you have a guarantee? (see Our
- If you ever feel that our classes are not right for you, we will
issue a pro-rated refund, less non-refundable fees. Please see TestMagic
for further details
When is TestMagic open?
TestMagic's business hours:
- Sunday: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (summer and school year)
- Monday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer). 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (school year)
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer). 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (school year)
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer). 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (school
- Thursday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer). 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (school
- Friday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer). 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (school year)
- Saturday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (summer and school year)
Information about TestMagic